Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
We are located at the TUM campus Garching in the faculty for Informatics.
Our department hosts the labs of Julien Gagneur and Burkhard Rost.
For information on the research, services, publications, job offers and much more, please have a look at the lab`s websites:
The Rostlab can be found at rostlab.org. The lab's research is driven by a conviction that protein and DNA sequences encode a significant core of information about the ultimate structure and function of genetic material and its gene products.
The Gagneurlab studies the genetic basis of gene regulation and its implication in diseases. Visit our lab webpage at gagneurlab.in.tum.de for more details.
For more information on the publications please visit the Labs` websites.
- Schwalb et al. TT-seq maps the human transient transcriptome. Science (2016)
- Eser et al. Determinants of RNA metabolism in the S. pombe genome. Mol Syst Biol (2016)
- Bader et al. Negative feedback buffers effects of regulatory variants. Mol Syst Biol (2015)
- TMSEG: Novel prediction of transmembrane helices. Bernhofer M, Kloppmann E, Reeb J, Rost B.Proteins. 2016 Nov;84(11)
- Computational prediction shines light on type III secretion origins. Goldberg T, Rost B, Bromberg Y. Sci Rep. 2016 Oct 7
- Predicted Molecular Effects of Sequence Variants Link to System Level of Disease. Reeb J, Hecht M, Mahlich Y, Bromberg Y, Rost B.PLoS Comput Biol. 2016 Aug 18